Trump’s Victory Lap
The new president has a lot to boast about, but his fiscal and economic promises could set him up for failure.
The new president has a lot to boast about, but his fiscal and economic promises could set him up for failure.
It turns out that slashing illegal crossings didn’t require an act of Congress but a president willing to enforce the law.
New York City officials are making it easier for illegal aliens to acquire a city residency ID card, in turn making it easier for them to obtain housing and free healthcare, according to reports.City Council members passed a change backed by Mayor Eric Adams that opens up 23 additional types of IDs that immigrants can provide to obtain a New York City residency card.
The Department of Defense could save up to $80 million in wasteful spending by cutting loose a handful of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) programs, the agency said Monday.The Defense Department has been working with the Elon Musk-led Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE) in slashing wasteful spending, DOD spokesman Sean Parnell said in a video posted to social media.
FIRST ON FOX: Linda McMahon, in her first act as Secretary of Education, is informing all employees that she will lead a “momentous final mission” to send education back to the states, according to a letter obtained by Fox News Digital. McMahon is sending a letter to all Department of Education (DoEd) employees on Monday evening, informing them of a “new era of accountability” as she oversees President Donald Trump’s promise to dissolve the department.
The top official at the FBI New York Field Office was forced to retire on Monday, sources confirmed to Fox News Digital.James Dennehy was appointed to the position by former FBI Director Christopher Wray in September 2024.He shared the news of his departure with colleagues in an email Monday, obtained by Fox News Digital.He said that he had been informed late Friday that he would need to put in his retirement papers. “I was not given a reason for this decision,” Dennehy said.
A Democratic Rep. drew criticism on social media Monday when she told DOGE Chief Elon Musk to “Go back to South Africa” and asked “What the hell” he is doing in the United States.
U.S. President Donald Trump criticized his former national security advisor on Sunday and said the U.S. government should spend less time worrying about Russian President Vladimir Putin amid Moscow’s ongoing war against Ukraine.Trump made the comments Sunday night in a pair of posts on his social media platform Truth Social after Lt. Gen. H.R.
Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth directed the Department of Defense (DOD)’s civilian workforce to comply with Elon Musk’s Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE) productivity email, listing five things they accomplished after initially telling them not to reply.On Sunday, Hegseth released a video message explaining the shift.
Boston Mayor Michelle Wu raised eyebrows over the weekend after she expressed condolences to the family of a knife-wielding suspect who was shot and killed by an off-duty officer after he allegedly tried to stab two people on Saturday night.The suspect, whose identity was not released by police, brandished a knife near a Chick-fil-A on Boylston Street, a busy part of the Massachusetts capital.
President Donald Trump’s seventh week in office will spotlight his first joint session of Congress address since his return to the Oval Office in January. Trump is scheduled to speak before all members of Congress on Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET. The speech is not officially called the State of the Union, as Trump has not been in office for a full year, though it operates in a similar fashion.
European leaders are grappling with how to handle icier relations with the U.S. since President Donald Trump regained control of the White House this year.”The Europeans have a serious problem of readiness … that they’re trying to fix, but it takes time,” Camille Grand, a former NATO official who is now with the European Council on Foreign Relations, said in a Washington Post report Sunday. “If Trump decides ‘I’m going to pull out U.S.
A D.C.-based federal district judge ruled late Saturday evening that President Donald Trump’s firing of the head of the Office of Special Counsel was unlawful, keeping him in his post. The Trump administration filed their notice of appeal shortly thereafter. Hampton Dellinger, appointed by former President Joe Biden to head the Office of Special Counsel, sued the Trump administration in Washington, D.C., federal court after his Feb. 7 firing. D.C.
President Donald Trump on Saturday signed an executive order making English the official language of the U.S.The order revokes an executive order issued by former President Bill Clinton in 2000, “Improving Access Services for Persons with Limited English Proficiency,” that required federal agencies and recipients of federal funding to provide language assistance to non-English speakers.
Former U.S. Rep. Mia Love’s family is focusing on enjoying the time they have left with her after her cancer stopped responding to treatments, the Utah Republican’s daughter, Abigale, said Saturday. “Hello Friends, I’m Mia’s daughter Abigale. Many of you are aware that Mom has been fighting GBM brain cancer,” Abigale wrote on her mother’s X account.
Hundreds of protesters gathered in Vermont Saturday to protest Vice President JD Vance’s visit to a local ski resort, less than 24 hours after his explosive exchange with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy.Vance, who brought his family to Sugarbush Resort in Warren, Vermont, was greeted by a half-mile gauntlet of protesters holding pro-Ukraine signs Saturday. There appeared to be hundreds in the crowd.
President Donald Trump took to social media Saturday afternoon to declare “The Invasion of our Country is OVER” after his first full month in office, which saw only 8,326 apprehensions of illegal immigrants by U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (CBP), a record-setting low.
A Texas state lawmaker introduced legislation that would amend the state’s ban on gender transition procedures or treatment for minors to also apply to adults in the Lone Star State.H.B. 3399 filed by Rep. Brent Money, a Republican, would change the language in the current law banning gender-transitioning procedures or treatment for children by replacing the word “child” with “person.
President Donald Trump reclaimed items seized during a 2022 raid on his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida, which was executed by former special counsel Jack Smith.Trump staff members were seen loading boxes onto Air Force One at Joint Base Andrews Friday after the Department of Justice (DOJ) returned them to the president’s possession.”The Department of Justice has just returned the boxes that Deranged Jack Smith made such a big deal about.
Tulsi Gabbard, the new director of national intelligence, thanked President Donald Trump Friday for his “unwavering leadership” after his clash with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy during a meeting in the Oval Office earlier in the day. “Thank you @realDonaldTrump for your unwavering leadership in standing up for the interests of the American people, and peace,” Gabbard wrote on X Friday evening, hours after the fiery exchange.
During a heated exchange between President Donald Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy in the Oval Office on Friday, Ukrainian Ambassador Oksana Markarova appeared distraught with her head in her hand.The moment was captured in a number of viral photos and videos as Trump questioned Zelenskyy about not wanting a ceasefire with Russia at a live White House press event.
The dispute with Zelensky is a disturbing reflection of the resentment Trump feels toward a partner whose fundamental offense is wanting to defend itself.
Iowa Republican Gov. Kim Reynolds signed a bill on Friday that removes protections for transgender people in the state’s civil rights code. While not every state has protections for transgender people, Iowa Democrats added them to the civil rights code in 2007. Iowa is the first state to remove gender identity protection from its state civil rights code.
Sen. Alex Padilla, D-Cali., is demanding that Elon Musk and Acting Director of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Charles Ezell stop sending mass emails to staffers. In an open letter published Thursday, Padilla said several legislative branch offices and agencies have received mass emails from hr@opm.gov despite not being subject to personnel actions by the executive branch.
Things got awkward when Vice President JD Vance remarked on his previous comments on Britain’s free speech environment, just feet away from British Prime Minister Keir Starmer during an Oval Office meeting.Vance doubled down on his comments at the Munich Security Conference earlier this month when he said he feared that free speech was “in retreat” in Europe.
A judge in California blocked the Trump administration on Thursday from ordering departments and agencies to begin dismissing recently hired probationary federal workers, saying the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) lacks the power to fire employees.The move came during a court hearing over a lawsuit from labor unions and other groups challenging OPM’s mass terminations.
President Donald Trump was asked several times on Thursday about comments he made last week, when he called Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy a “dictator,” though he oftentimes either ignored the question or could not remember making the statement.Trump met with U.K. Prime Minister Keir Starmer at the White House on Thursday, when the two leaders addressed peace talks between Ukraine and Russia.
Department of Transportation (DOT) Secretary Sean Duffy announced Thursday his plan to “supercharge” the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)’s air traffic controllers after numerous fatal plane crashes over the last two months.The FAA will be “streamlining” its eight-step hiring process into a five-step process, with hopes it will accelerate the time to hire for “critical positions,” according to Duffy, who shared the announcement in a post on X.
Far from being draconian, the House-passed budget resolution would cut spending by a relatively small amount.
U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Roberts on Wednesday paused a federal judge’s order that required the Trump administration to pay around $2 billion in foreign aid funds to contractors by midnight. The ruling comes after the Trump administration asked the Supreme Court for an emergency order to block the release of U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) funding, which the federal judge had required by midnight.